Friday, July 11, 2014

Off to Camp Next Week

Image found here
Next week is a big first for Rachel. She and two other girls from our church will be going away to church camp for the first time. We will drive down this Sunday morning and the girls will be picked up on Saturday morning.

I remember how very much I loved going to camp throughout my childhood, and I am excited for my little girl. She is going to have so much fun. This is a different camp than the one I attended as a child, but I am certain it will be great.

Rachel is excited about the games, and the swimming. Perhaps she has pictures in her mind of sitting around a campfire every night making S'mores. That, of course, won't be the case, but there will be more than enough good times to enjoy.

Most of all, I pray that this coming week will be a very special time where she grows deeper in her faith, and comes to love Jesus more and more. I pray that what she learns and experiences at camp will be life-changing in a marvelous, positive way.

I am so thankful for the people who dedicate so much time and energy so that little children can come closer to Jesus.

 
Let the little children come to me...
Matthew 19:14

2 comments:

  1. I missed the camp experience growing up, but I make sure my kids get to attend day camps and one overnight camp each summer. Their lives and friendships are enriched greatly by these experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Suzanne. Summer camp is one of the most special memories of my life, and I am so glad Rachel can have this experience.

      Delete

Any thoughts on this post? I would love to hear from you.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog